Rebecca Adelman, founding shareholder of Hagwood Adelman Tipton PC, was recently named a finalist in the CLM’s Professionals of the Year awards. Adelman was one of just five attorneys honored in the outside counsel division.
“Professional recognition is always a great honor,” Adelman said. “But recognition on this national scale is truly humbling. It’s surreal to be in the company of these other finalists, who are all leaders in their fields.”
The CLM developed the Professionals of the Year award program in an effort to promote and advance the claims and litigation management professions. The program features nominees in three categories: claims management, litigation management and outside defense counsel. Nominees are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a passion for the industry and willingness to work hard for the greater claims or litigation management community
- Developed a transformative or innovative process
- Contributed to their company’s or client’s success through strong claims or litigation management practices
- Active within the greater claims or litigation management community (including organizations outside their company/firm)
- Exemplifies CLM’s mission statement and looks to further the discipline through collaboration, education, communication, inclusion, dedication, and the identification and development of professionals with expertise in litigation management
Adelman was recognized in part for her work as co-founder of the Annual Litigation Risk and Defense Strategies for Long-Term Care & Assisted Living Providers, Insurers and Brokers Conference, along with her role in developing a number of risk mitigation and prevention programs for insurers and insureds in health care and beyond. Outside her legal responsibilities, Adelman is passionate about supporting women and education. She volunteers with the Dorothy Day House of Hospitality in Memphis and personally founded the Chaffee County Montessori School in Colorado, which is now a charter school with gold standard commendations.
Other finalists include winner Teresa Beck of Lincoln, Gustafson & Cercos LLP; Stephen Henning of Wood Smith Henning & Berman LLP; William Mitchell of Cruser, Mitchell, Novitz, Sanchez, Gaston & Zimet LLP; and Carly Celmer of Clyde & Co.
The CLM is the largest professional association in the insurance industry, with a membership of more than 45,000 professionals in the claims resolution and litigation management industries. Founded in 2007, the CLM membership benefits from networking events, continuing education programs and a wide variety of industry resources. These include the annual conference, which attracts 2,000 participants and features nearly 100 interactive educational sessions and networking events; webinars; training sessions; chapter events; and Claims College and the Litigation Management Institute, the organization’s continuing education initiatives. For more information, visit https://www.theclm.org/.